I’ve seen a lot of posts on my dash tonight about users who are threatening suicide, with other Tumblr members posting in effort to try to get ahold of them. I think you all should see this:
IF THERE IS EVER A TUMBLR USER WHO HAS POSTED A GOOD-BYE MESSAGE, SUICIDE NOTE, VIDEO, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POST.
1. Scroll to the top of your dashboard.
2. See the circular question mark icon at the top? It’s the third one over from your home symbol. Click on that, and a screen similar to the one in the picture will come up.
3. Where you can type in questions, the box with the magnifying glass at the top, type in the word “suicide.”
4. Click on the first link that shows up. It should say, “Pass the URL of the blog on to us.”
5. Type in the user’s URL and tell Tumblr admin that the user is contemplating suicide and has posted a message indicating that they are going through with it or will be attempting. Hit send! Tumblr administration will perform a number of actions to contact the user and take the necessary steps to prevent the suicide.
TUMBLR: THIS COULD SAVE A USER’S LIFE. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE SUICIDE THREATS.
Reblog this to keep other users aware. Suicide isn’t a joke, and neither is someone’s life. If you didn’t know this, someone else may not, either. Pass it on.
why on earth doesn’t this have more notes
I actually had to do this once. She lived.
if you scroll past this on your dash you are absolutely heartless.
Wow I did not know about this feature but I’m really glad I do now.
This sign seems harmless enough. But it’s part of a scheme by an anti-choice crisis pregnancy center (CPC) to trick women seeking abortion services. Crisis pregnancy centers (CPCs) pose as legitimate reproductive health centers. They have a track record of outright lying to women and work to dissuade people from exercising the right to choose.
Here’s what happening: this particular CPC sits right next to a legitimate abortion clinic (called EMW). That’s one way they cause confusion. Check out the “parking permit” gimmick. That’s how the CPC is luring women to the parking lot and getting them to come inside for a parking permit. Once a woman goes into a CPC, an anti-choice volunteer may try to get the woman to miss her appointment or use shame or scare tactics to pressure the woman not to access abortion.
Sketchy and so wrong.
[ PASSIONATELY SINGS A SONG IN A LANGUAGE I DON’T UNDERSTAND]
I love how they’re all Disney.
I love how the person who sings Belle passionately doesn’t know what bonjour means
MEMO: The space bar is important.
how. IN THE FUCK. did that get through.
who was drunk and officially sent this advertisement out. who didn’t tell them something was wrong. who put up an inappropriately faulty billboard without anyone saying anything.
what monkeys were in charge of this operation.
probably not the ones who made the real one
I’ve never understood the stereotype that women are more likely to faint at blood
I mean seriously
what do you think we do every month
DAMMIT THEY WEREN’T SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT THE WEREWOLF THING
AWH COME ON GUYS THAT WAS A SECRET FOR A REASON